vacation?

So, I've been thinking about planning a vacation for DH and me. We have enough miles for two tickets to Hawaii and there are seats available for my spring break in April. Do we spend~ $2,000 for hotel/condo, car, and food? Or, should we be saving money like crazy for IVF? It's going to cost us quite a bit to get sperm out of DH, assuming he has any, on top of icsi.

I'm torn between wanting to take a nice vacation, probably for the last time in a long time if we are moving forward with this ivf stuff, and trying to save every penny. Advice?

Comments

  1. As long as it's not a *truly* either/or situation (IVF or vaca), I say go to Hawaii! You'll always have the vacation memories, you won't remember the debt/money spent in 20 years. And I say frequent flier miles should only be used for fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for vacation...

    With all the stress of what is going on with you and your DH right now, I think it might be important for the both of you to get away and "re-connect". I'm not saying that you've disconnected at all... but getting away would probably do the both of you a world of good given the impact of the information you've just received. It would put you in a stress-free environment where you could focus on each other and enjoy each other's company. The trip should be about taking time for YOU, before you go about the rigors of IF treatments which I know are emotionally and financially taxing. Plus, this trip will give you something bright to look forward to and plan for in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a vacation might be a great option. It can remind you two about some of the nicer things in life and really help to relax and maybe not think about the next step. That being said I might put it off if it would mean not being able to do IVF for a long period of time (like more then a year).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies