aye

My in-laws are evacuated again, for the second time in 6 months.  The last fire that ripped through Santa Barbara in November burned up to their house, including most of their landscaping, patio furniture, bushes next to the house, melting a candle inside the house, and even the dead leaves in the gutter downspout, leaving burn marks on their roof.  Yesterday they were told to leave again.  I think their house will be okay, because of the previous fire clearing out the brush, and unfortunately homes, on all sides of them.  They seem better this time than last-- I think because they packed up better after learning the lessons of the last one.  I'm kinda glad they didn't flee to our house, like last time though.  Is that horrible? 

I don't know.... things don't seem to be going so well....


Comments

  1. Oh man! That is insane. I can't even imagine. I don't know what it's like to evacuate a wildfire but I have had my fair share of hurricane evacuations in my lifetime. Those are not fun either.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies