a step

Well, no decision about which doctor to see, but a step taken. I had CD 3 blood work drawn today. I am going to go ahead with all of the blood work this cycle, to make sure my ovaries are functional appropriately.

I've thought about it a lot, and I think I would like to have all of the pre-IVF diagnostic testing, but prefer doctor #2's cycle strategy better. Doctor #2's statistics are just too difficult to ignore- his 2006 live birth rate was twice #1's, and every other year it is a decent percent better too. I know stats aren't everything, or really anything, but I feel like I live my life by them!

I can't decide whether or not to take my computer with me on my trip. We leave for Maui tomorrow evening! There are only a few more things I need to get to get us all together. Crap, I need to move the laundry!

I don't have a phone that can email, so if I don't take my computer, you won't be hearing from me until next Thursday! This is a much needed and I can't wait!

Comments

  1. I think it's difficult to ignore the stats... I feel that it gives insight not only to the doctor, but to the embryology lab!

    Have a great time in Hawaii!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great vacation!! Maui sounds like so much fun. Enjoy your time and relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hard to ignore (the stats). Go with your gut!!

    Leave the computer at home. Take your camera..and take pictures to post when you get home. Take a break from it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps on blogger you can set up where you can send a text message to blogger and it will post on your blog. You could still keep us up to date!! I do it a lot with my IRL blog...and I email to my IF blog (I only do it that way so I don't post an IF item to my IRL blog. :)

    HAVE FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will miss you, but don't take the computer on vacation. Focus on enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can be difficult to ignore the stats. If you like doctor #2 better, you should go with them. Definitely go with your gut!

    Have fun in Maui! Sounds like you will have a gerat time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would leave your computer at home and just take this time to relax ;-) Maui will be SO much fun and I know you two will have a great time!!

    I agree with your thinking on doc #2- those stats are hard to ignore. Especially when they are glaringly higher than doc #1.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies