choices

Each day is filled with choices. We are constantly making choices that affect our daily lives. Some are mundane like what to wear for the day, eat for lunch, do when you get home, etc. Others carry more meaning: Do I say that to this person? How do I react to what he said to me? Should I still be friends with this person who has hurt me time and time again? Do I leave my partner? Should we buy this house?

A few years ago, while visiting a winery, the person tasting next to me asked the wine maker what the best wine they had was. I'll never forget the response. He said "The best wine is the one that you like the best." I can't help but relate that to my thoughts on the more significant choices we make. The right choice is the one that makes you happiest. I've really been trying to live by that and support people in my life when they do things that I don't necessarily agree with. If it is what makes you happiest, then that is the right choice for you. And I think that is the best argument to make.

Comments

  1. The problem is most people don't think this way. They are the judge and jury of every situation no matter how limited their information is. Everyone always seems to think they know what's best for you... That's never the case though. No one could ever know but you, because you're the only one living your life, feeling what you feel, experiencing what you experience and knowing what you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so correct by stating that! Nobody cares about what people said of the movie as long as you are yourself loving it.

    All I can say is that Emmy, people have different barometers for themselves and for judging others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the thought that the good choice is the one that makes you the happiest, though I think it's not always easy to say which of the choices does that. But, yes, one should make choices following their own heart!
    [here through Blogger Bingo]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies