luck

Yesterday left me feeling very lucky for what I do have going well in my life. The day itself was productive, but quite nice.

After eating lunch, we went for a walk around our neighborhood. It was fun to look at houses that are the model match to ours and see what people have done to them. When we got home, we spent some time cleaning the house. (I know, cleaning doesn't really sound like a great day, but it was productive! Plus, we've sort of been neglecting everything having to do with the house since the azoo diagnosis 3 hours before our New Year's Eve guests arrived.) So, our house no longer looks like we had a party a few days ago! Then I decided I should prune the roses! We had mostly had a break in the rain yesterday, with more rain on its way today and tomorrow. We do all of our own yard work, no gardener, so we are like the last ones with rose bushes! I was happy that there were 2 beautiful roses for me to cut and enjoy first. I also picked 3 little tomatoes from my plants left from summer! I can't believe they turned red! (I suppose a week with 80 degree temperatures will do that...) We followed that with some raspberry/lemon martinis while we waited for dinner to cook.

For dinner we enjoyed homemade lasagna, which I had frozen in 2 serving loaf pans. B wanted garlic bread, so he went out to buy bread for us. (a very nice thing to do since we had already retired to jammies) With dinner, we drank a bottle of our wedding wine. As part of our ceremony, we blended wine (instead of unity candle/sand/etc.) and had 4 cases of it bottled. We rarely have any, and it is SOOOO good.

We spent the rest of the evening watching movies, cuddling, and just being silly.

Typing this out, it really doesn't sound like much. It is amazing how crappy situations can make normalicy seem so good.

How was your weekend?

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you had such a nice day, Emmy. It sounded like the perfect day to me - being productive, and having some r&r with DH, roses, raspberry/lemon martinis, great wine...mmm! Sounds wonderful. You deserve it!

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great day. Homemade lasagna sound sooo good, and raspberry/lemon martinis, mmmm...I'm glad you got some rest and relaxation, and sending you wishes for many good things ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had what I consider to be a perfect day. A little outdoor time, pasta, wine, and cuddling! It really is the little things in life that bring little joys.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a wonderful day: That class you took would definitely be a score in my opinion.

    I know how devastating the diagnosis is of azoospermia. Hang in there. If you ever have any questions feel free to email me.
    *hugs*

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really awesome that you guys were able to kick back and spend some time together relaxing and enjoying each other's company! I'm sure it was much needed!

    Mmm... wine sounds really good right about now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies