Honest Scrap



Thanks to What IF and Ella (who tagged me a month ago!) for giving me this "award."

The rules:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.

2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.

3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

Now the hard part:

1. I love to eat. I could eat and eat and eat and eat until I explode. I have no will power. (and I wonder why I'm so chunky...)

2. I never feel like I fit in. Anywhere. With anyone. Even here.

3. I'm not a huge animal fan. I think animals are cute and all, but I don't really want one. I like the freedom we have of being able to leave for days and not worry about anything.

4. I've suffered from severe clinical depression, to the point of being hospitalized. You know those anti-depressant commercials that have the disclaimer at the end, "May increase suicidal thoughts in teens and young adults." I'm part of the reason that is there.

5. I'm shocked that people actually read and comment on my blog.

6. I'm a classical musician. I play clarinet, saxophone, and piano.

7. If we could swing it, I'd love to not work. It's not that I don't like my job, it's that I like not working better.

8. This whole IVF/ICSI thing scares the crap out of me. The physical, financial, and emotional aspect of it is frightening. I don't know if I can handle it.

9. I've had two near death experiences. I shocked the medical community when I came out of the first one totally normal (not paralyzed, brain dead, dead). That's a post for another day!

10. I am so glad to have found so many wonderful women in the IF world, but I wish it didn't exist.


I think everyone I would tag has already done this, so if you haven't and you want to, consider yourself tagged!

Comments

  1. I love this! It's amazing what you learn about people through their blogs... their strength, their perserverance, but these posts are wonderful because we get to see a little of who we really are.

    Do you play music professionally? I love the clarinet. I grew up listening to Benny Goodman with my grandfather... he makes my heart melt!

    ... and I can't wait to hear the stories behind #9!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you're a classical musician! I play the violin! These days I mostly teach. Are you a soloist or do you play with a group?

    And I'm of course really curious now about #9!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Kaylee

    http://www.craigslistdecoded.info

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its very cool that you are a classically trained musician. I wish I hadn't given up playing music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can eat and eat, too! When I'm eating with other people I'm often shocked by how much I eat in comparison to them!

    I would love not to work, too! I didn't for 7 months and if we didn't need the money I would still not be working. I would need something like volunteer stuff to keep me busy though because just being home wasn't terrible interesting.

    I'm looking forward to hearing about you near death experiences. Glad they were just "near" and your hear for us to get to know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow great post!

    just stopping by for ICLW

    m :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You fit in with me. I've been hospitalized too for depression. I've got bipolar disorder and I've struggled with bouts of severe depression since I was 14 years old. I've been taking meds since I was 14.

    I always feel like an outsider to the world. I feel like I haven't found my "one true place" yet. I don't identify well with other people. I feel like I just don't "get it" or perhaps others just don't "get it"... I dunno... I'm socially awkward with my peers especially... I just don't know how to communicate with them at all. I have few friends and I'm not someone that hangs out with them often. I feel uncomfortable... although they're my friends, I still don't feel right... I feel like I don't belong there.

    *sigh*

    I get you sister.

    We belong... just not mainstream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you on the animal feelings. Animals are cute to play with at someone else's house, but too much of a burden to own one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies