It's official

I've been laid off. I got my notice today. I finish out the school year and that's it. I know that I'm lucky that I have a few months to work on another employment plan, but I am still really sad. As much as I don't like to work, I love my job. I love my coworkers. I am happy to go to work everyday, with the only exception of getting up so early and the fact that I hate to get up to an alarm.

I know that I can be rehired back, and that there is a chance that I will have no time of really being unemployed, but it is such an unknown. It may happen, or it may not. I don't know how far I am to being rehired at this point.

What a great night. I hope you're doing better than I am.

Comments

  1. Oh no! I know you were expecting this, but it must be hard nevertheless. Good luck finding another job that you love as much as this one. Do you think you can find another teaching job, or will you look at other types of jobs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, I hope you are able to find another job or get hired back. GL and (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry! That really sucks. Good luck on your job hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry! We've had lay-offs in our household over the last year and it is hard. I hope you either find something really soon or get hired back quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to read this! I hope that you are quickly hired back and understand how awful uncertainty can make one feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry Emmy. Even though you knew it was coming, it still sucks . I hope they hire you back in time for fall... thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn it, the computer just ate my comment. Basically I was ranting and raving about the layoffs, and how awful they are.

    My husband went through this back in 2003 as we were about to get married and buy a home. It was so awful, and stressful. His district ended up hiring almost everyone back, but the waiting and the unknown was torture. I'm really sorry that you're going through this, and I really hope that they will re-hire you back (and quickly).

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies