open house

Thursday was open house at my school. I am not one of those always neat/tidy/perfect people. My classroom is usually a mess. I have piles of papers on my desk, piles where the kids turn things in, and piles other places I can put things down. My "organization" system seems to work most of the time-- rarely is it that I can't find something. But, it still takes me a while to clean everything up and put stuff up. Here are some pics from my room right after open house.


My kids did Charlotte's Web artwork, which is up high, on a black background. They also made books that fold up and tell about the setting, main plot points, and characters. The books are really neat because they fold up into 3 inch squares and unfold 3+ feet long. They were really neat
Left to right: What is a planet board, cookie division, create your own planet.
Patriotic art:
We have been studying the solar system, so you can see a few solar system projects here. You can also see our symmetry projects, patriotic art, and poems typed in computer class.
This board is 3 dimensional. The kids painted their faces in the beginning of September for a back to school night board, where they wrote about themselves, and parents had to guess who they were. Now, I took their painted faces and put them up with a summary of a book we read this year. They came out really well.


Check out what the rest of the class is sharing!

Comments

  1. So very Fantastic!

    Passionate students + Hard Work + Creativity = Awesome Combination, Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous artwork. I absolutely LOVE that last bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- that looks like a very rich classroom. I bet you're a wonderful teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment - didn't even notice the inverted colours! I had left a comment on your blog but can't seem to see it - so I may be repititive here when I say what an organized, art-filled classroom you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly would have fooled me -- that is one of the most orderly classrooms I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, teacher! love all the projects. I agree with Cassandra, you're classroom looks very neat!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies