money

The money issue. I've talked a little bit about money before, and I hate it. I hate what it does to people. I got my job back, so that future is brighter.

I miss my brother SO much every day and wish I could call and talk to him. Every time I'm at my mom's house, I expect him to come bounding down the stairs and start pounding away on the piano. I think about all he wanted, but never got to accomplish. One of the big things that he wanted was to get his money from my dad's life insurance. He had asked for it, and was supposed to get it, but then he died. Now, apparently it is mine. My uncle C, the nice one, told me on May 9th that he should have money for me in a week or so. I figured that meant two, but it has clearly been 6 weeks since he said that. I don't want to seem greedy, but I want to spend it as my brother would want me to. We have a long list of money to spend (mostly wants, not needs).

Expenses:
Windows for the house-$13,000 (want/need-replace some cracked windows, replace all original non-efficient windows, reducing heating/cooling costs)
Pay back mom for funeral- $15,000 *this will be done as soon as I get any of my brother's money
Savings/investing- $15,000 (really want to get a stronger emergency/nest egg/whatever cushion, especially if kids are in the future)
Painting the outside of the house- $??? $7,000-10,000? I have no clue
Landscaping- $5,000+ (we can do a lot of this work, but it is really hard)
IVF fund (if we decide to do it)- $30,000 (come on, insurance, cover it, cover something! With the procedure(s) B will need, plus the rest, it is a lot)
Vacation?? $2,000 - one week cruise, trip to hawaii, all inclusive in caribbean (I have enough miles for plane tickets to cut costs)

Total: $90,000 ish HAHAHAHAHAHA

Money coming in/being saved:
Extra $196/month that just started
Savings $700-900/month, depending on the month
Extra work $1,000 one time

Money from Brother's inheritance- $???
They told me they were going to give me some of my money to invest- amount unknown. Let's guess $10,000

We can skimp a little on the savings, but I really want to get at least $10,000 stocked away somewhere. I can work a little more, hopefully, and pay off my car a little faster and save more. Lottery tickets?? There is a long way to go! We still have to decide if we want to go the IVF route, and which way with him we want to go. I need to see an RE or two to help me figure things out. We wouldn't do IVF for at least a year, probably, so we have some time to save and work. Good times.

Comments

  1. Money does to crazy things to people huh? I think you have some realistic plans- I hope that it goes smoothly for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies