wee wee-wee

One of the 'best' parts of working with wee little kids, is seeing who my maste.rbaters are going be each year. Over the years, most of them have been pretty subtle-- a hand in a pocket, a light rocking on the chair. Of course, there have also been the less shameful ones-- getting out of a chair to bend over the front corner or it, hands vigorously moving inside the pants, etc. Well, this year, I got to see the wee boner. He stuck his hands down his shorts while they were all sitting on the carpet, pulled the elastic way out, and let it hang out there at attention. 7 years old. I, of course, jump right on the "let's all make sure we're sitting criss-cross with our hands in our laps! (outside our pants)" I'm just glad none of the other students saw and said something. I could just hear one of them scream out, "OMG, Mrs. M, I see his pee-pee!" And, everyone would look. And, my work email inbox would be flooded with parent concerns.... again...

Unfortunately, I have a pretty horrible story about a student. One that got media attention. I need to figure out how to change it quite a bit to be able to share it.

We were working with the -ock family words last week. I'll let you guess what one kid wrote in his book... at least he didn't draw it, like he was supposed to!

Comments

  1. No body ever realized what all teacher have to go through. I admire you- you are with some children more than their parents!!! Good luck my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am not sure how I would have reacted in that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO funny! I teach 6th graders so I am sure that they only do that stuff in private. This post made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a story! Teachers truly don't get the appreciation they deserve. Sounds like you handled both situations with grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I never realized that teachers have to deal with that! But of course it makes sense given their age and what happens when they discover their bodies... Wow, god bless you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies