20!!

I hit 20 today!!  20 pounds lost!!  It hardly seems possible, because I don't really see the difference when I look in the mirror, but I notice it in my clothes.  What's interesting is that the more I seem to lose, the more I seem to want to lose.  I thought I would be fine with 15 pounds more than I am now, but now I think 20-30 would be better.  It really is seeming like 5-8 more pounds will get me into most of my clothes.  I know 10 pounds will get me into most of my clothes and wedding appropriate clothes- (attending a wedding in 2 weeks.) 

I don't know what to do about this wedding in 2 weeks.  I am a few pounds from fitting into my existing dresses, and a few pounds smaller than the fat dress I bought over the summer when I needed something.  I have about $95 in gift cards to a major department store, and part of me wants to go and get a new dress there.  I've had the gift cards since last November, so it seems like a good use of the money.  I want a new fancy dress, but don't want to spend the money.  I found a few dresses on their web site that are just a wee bit above my gift card amount, but the problem really is that I need to try them on in person.  I don't have the time in 2 weeks to do that before the wedding. 

It is just so hard to know what to do with clothes!  Part of me wants to go shopping to find pants that fit, but part of me thinks that I am going to keep shrinking, so why buy pants that I will shrink out of (like the pants I bought at the end of August.)  It is just so strange how my body gains and loses weight differently each time.  I probably have 3-7 pairs of pants each in sizes 6-14, yet nothing fits.  I can't even imagine what will happen to my body if I manage to get pregnant ever.  Maybe some of these clothes will fit again!  Any suggestions?  Anyone wanna participate in a pants swap? 

Comments

  1. Great job on the weight loss! Go Celebrate with some new clothes that fit girl. It is hard to not plan for the future with our history of IF and all- but just let go, and live for now. Get yourself some new clothes, look hot, feel good, and have a great time at the wedding! I would have sent you some pants-but I just purged all my old clothes with the move. I seriously gave away about four or five trash bags of clothes. It was crazy!!!
    {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the weight loss! It sure feels good hey? I know that when i was losing weight, I went and bought a couple of brand new things that fit well. Then I went to the thrift store and picked up a few other things. That way I didn't feel so bad when the didn't fit in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I didn't comment on this post when you first wrote it! I must have missed it.

    Congratulations on the loss! That is so exciting! What I did when losing weight, and what I am still doing, is buy 3 pairs of pants that fit me. That way I feel good. I buy stretch kind so they fit at different weights. I also buy clothes at walmart. They are cheap and that way I don't feel bad about only wearing them for a while. Plus they have cute stuff. I think that you need to feel good about yourself now and wear things that fit, even if you wear them over and over. As for the dress, if you bought spanx or something, could you sqeeze into the dress? It sounds like a lot of pressure on you though. I think you should use your giftcards for a new one. Have fun with your new self!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies