A strikes again

My loving uncle A called the other day.  I haven't spoken to him on the phone since the day of that call in April.  We exchanged an email or two when he had some business he wanted to take care of.  Unlike that day 8 months ago, he did ask how things were going, before he sort of invited me to Christmas.  If the timing works, I'll likely go.

The call was fairly late at night, after 8:30 pm, and I was being short in my responses, but mostly because I didn't know what to say.
A:  Christmas will be at my house this year
me:  Okay
A:  You and B are more than welcome to come
me:  Okay.  We're expected at B's parents' house at 4pm, so as long as yours is earlier in the day, that's fine.
A:  Oh, we haven't gotten as far as planning a time yet
me:  Well, let me know when you do and I'll let you know if we can come
A:  Are you mad at me or something?
me:  Is there a reason that I should be?
A:  I don't know, I just felt like I should ask for some reason
me:  Maybe because you're a big jerk Okay.  It's late, I gotta go.  Let me know what time you set
A:  Okay, bye.

As much as I want to be done with them, I'm going to be the better person and show up.  I even got them gifts that my brother found to give to them a few years ago, but couldn't afford.  I'm going to write something nice on the inside.  After that, I don't know.  No guarantees.

Why can family be so difficult sometimes?

Comments

  1. I am sorry family is difficult sometimes. I think it's true for everyone!!! I am sure that he means well, or is at least trying. Good for you for being the better person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies