still no answer

I still haven't heard back from BIL.  He said he'd let us know within the week (last Tuesday).  I emailed him yesterday and offered to pay for counseling if he wanted to talk to someone about this.  The problem is, I think I sent it to his secondary email address and not the main one he checks.  (damn gmail putting their email addresses over the more commonly used one)

Here is the other piece- he is coming over tonight and spending the weekend here.  B is having a guys weekend, so there will be two other guys here too, but BIL will likely get here before them.  Do I say anything?  Should I ask if he got my email?  I don't want to put any pressure on him.

My 3rd initial consultation with an RE is a week from today.  I'd like to have an answer from him by then.  I did intentionally build in extra time for him to respond before my appointment, because I know he doesn't do well with deadlines. 

Comments

  1. Maybe you could forward the email to his other account, with a quick note that says oops, I realized I should have sent it here. Then you don't have to mention it at all tonight, so he won't feel like you're pressuring him.

    You've still got time, he'll give you an answer! I'm sure the wait is excruciating. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tiffany. That way he can bring it up to you whenever he's ready. Hang in there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say the same thing - forward it to his other email account, and just apologize for sending it to the incorrect address the first time...? I'm sorry he's taking so long to answer. Maybe he's waiting for tonight to talk to you guys in person before the rest of the guys get there??

    Hang in there, Emmy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have to say he's probably waiting till tonight to talk to you both in person.
    But --Urghhh waiting sucks!
    My BIl & SIL said they had some questions for us about the whole process, Dh has been calling to set it up and hasn't heard back from his brother..so I of course assume the worst.. more likely he's just man, and doesn't feel urgency.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emmy! I'm sorry I haven't been around lately, but I've been getting caught up today. Oh, I am so happy that your husband decided he was OK with donor sperm, and that you've asked your BIL to be the donor. Seriously, I can say that I know how you feel! The anxiety and curiosity of waiting for an answer is torture. TORTURE. I hope you get an answer soon, or at least word from him that he's still willing to consider it. Offering to have him speak with a therapist is a great idea, and might even be required by your docs (ours required BIL and his wife, plus me and Bear to go to see someone).

    Good luck, and please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some good advice on the email. Did you decide what you were going to do?

    I hope you have your answer soon. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will second (third/fourth?) what Tiffany said about the email. I also wouldn't mention it this weekend unless he brings it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies