hmmm

It's hard to know where to start.  There is a lot going on in my head and it is hard to organize, so please forgive the random thoughts.

I've totally been procrastinating doing the things I need to do.  That will really come and bite me in the ass later in the week.  A big part of me is thinking of taking Friday off to catch up, but I really don't want to take any more days.

Even though it probably doesn't come across often, mostly because I feel like I am always complaining, I do feel fortunate for many things in my life-- my husband and mother, especially.  They are there for me always, and take care of me like no one else could.  I am so lucky to have them in my life.  I've also made a couple of friends recently, too.  We've been going out and doing things weekly, which I think has helped my sanity, as well as giving B some space for himself.  I am also SO grateful to have all of you for support.  I don't know what I'd do without you.  

I've settled on the hsg.  I need to schedule it, along with a nursing orientation at my chosen Dr.'s office.  I need to do this soon so that I can see if we qualify for the discounted IVF meds that the Dr. was talking about.  I'll bring in my layoff notice, so they know that I will only be among the employed for a bit.  If we don't qualify, my Dr. wants time to stockpile things for us- another reason to do it soon.

While he wouldn't come right out and say it, I think that B is really on for the donor sperm.  I was talking about what we would do with the embryos if we had to use donor and he was still not okay with it, and he said, "I don't see that happening."  I asked a few clarifying questions, and he said that he wasn't ready to come out and say it, but just that we would not be donating the embryos to science or adoption, and that I am smart enough to figure out what that means.  That is HUGE!!  We've gone from a firm no, to a maybe, to a yes in 5 months.  You told me to give him time, and you were right!  Thank you!

Now I just need a confirmation from KD (known donor), to get a hold of my Dr. office, and to figure out the money (and get my job back).  That seems like a lot, but not compared to the progress that I've made.   Less than 4 months till go time.  I'm getting nervous!

Comments

  1. Emmy that is SO SO great!! I just knew he would come around in time. You are going to be a Mommy! (Isn't it funny how the meaning of those words change in the world of IF?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Everything seems to be coming together, and I certainly think that the hurdles that remain, are so much smaller then the ones you've already overcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My DH has gone through a similar transition -- we are also dealing with azoo, and at first he said no way to DS, and in fact he was upset with me for considering it an option. That was about 4 months ago actually! Now he's pretty much okay with it. He doesn't like it, but he seems to realize it's the best backup plan. I am so grateful. We are trying IVF #2 soon and if that doesn't work we'll be heading to donor.

    ((( hugs )))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to hear that Emmy! I'm sorry about the job situation but it sounds like things in the TTC department are at least looking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies