Phone consult update

Sorry I'm late with the update.  It's been one hell of a week.  

On Monday, I planned to take J to baby dance (a free class!!) to help wear her out before her nap, so I would be more likely to have uninterrupted time for my consult.  We were running late, so I decided to take her to the park instead.  While turning into the park, a lady who wasn't paying attention slammed into my car at over 40mph.  We are fine-- just shaken up.  After waiting for the police to come and all of that stuff, I made it home less than 10 min before my consult was set to begin.  The little cutie was exhausted and went down easily for her nap, thank goodness.  But, my head wasn't all in it.  

The Dr. was great, and gave me more info on the two vials we have in the freezer.  Apparently, there are only about 5 million sperm in each vial, so he would want to use both at once for IUI.  Apparently the samples didn't freeze/thaw well.  BIL has agreed to donate more for us, and actually made an appointment for next week.  The doctor said he'd adjust his approach depending on how many tries we have-- either clomid alone or clomid + an injectable, trigger, and IUI.  I would be pleased with twins, but do not want any more than that at one time, so adding the injectable scares me a little.  On the other hand, less than half of the eggs retrieved in my ivf cycle were mature.  I am thinking that we'll start with just the 'mid and see where that takes us.  I'm thinking 3-4 IUI cycles before moving to IVF.  

So, that's where we are.  We're still trying to figure out good timing for this.  I'd love a July or August cycle, but with a trip planned in August, I'm not sure what will work with our plans.  I guess we'll have to wait and see!    

Comments

  1. That is so awesome that your BIL is giving you more sperm. I think your plan of 3-4 IUIs before IVF sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were involved in a wreck. Glad you are okay though.

    This sounds so exciting. I am going to be thinking of you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about the car wreck! Happy you are both ok.

    Sounds like you have a great plan in place =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies