Up, Up, and Away!

My baseline monitoring went well, although I was quite frustrated with the experience.  My home clinic wrote the wrong date on the order form, so we had to wait for them to open to get new orders sent.  Then the monitoring clinic was having network issues, so couldn't get the fax my home clinic was trying to send.  I was stressed about getting home and relieving B of parenting duties so he could get to work.  Eventually it got straightened out, and I was only about 15 minutes later than I told B I would be.  

Everything looked good, so we got the go ahead to start.  They counted around 17 antral follicles, which is good.  

Today is my 4th day of clomid.  So far it hasn't been horrible.  Just headaches and slight nausea.  I've also had some twinges in my lower abdomen-- hopefully lots of follicles growing.  Tomorrow is my last day of the 'mid, then I start the gonal-f!  I'll go to my home clinic on Tuesday to check to see how the ovaries are doing, trigger that night, and then hopefully have an insemination on Wednesday and Thursday.  

We had a great 4th.  J decided it would be fun to walk right into the pool after dinner.  I didn't see it (was inside helping clean), but DH was right there and said she popped right back up to the surface and he grabbed her.  She was a little shocked, but not upset.  Hopefully I can get her swimming better soon!  She just loves the water.  

I've had a sore throat since Saturday, and started sniffling today.  I really don't want to be sick for my 450 mile drive through the desert with a 16 month old.  I've also made lots of plans to see friends while I'm in town.  It is really hard to plan things around appointments that aren't scheduled yet without telling them what I'm really in town for!  My mom knows that I will be seeing the RE, but I told her it was for tests.  Other than us, only our donor knows!  

Comments

  1. I am glad that your baseline went went but I am sorry for the issues at your appt. The IUI will be here before you know it! Hope you have lots of quality eggies that will bring you great news in a few weeks! Wishing you the best! Hope you enjoy your visit with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you don't get any sicker! A 450 mile drive through the desert alone with a 16 month old sounds... formidable:) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy things are going well so far! Hope the sniffles don't get any worse and your trip goes well. Good luck =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies