HSG

Well, HSG done and all clear.

It REALLY hurt me when they put the catheter through my cervix. My eyes watered and I almost cried- I think mostly because I was surprised by the intense pain. That only lasted about a minute, and the rest wasn't too bad. It was interesting to see the dye fill my ute, go through the tubes, and start floating around my abdomen. Everything felt better once they took all of that crap out of me. It's only been about 75 minutes, but I haven't felt much since.

Glad to have that done with. Now, I just need to call the discount med place to see if we qualify, and let my Dr. know. Then, I'll have to learn how to do the injections, set the schedule, and I am good to go. I plan to start stims June 14th, which is what the ticker is set for. The BCP will make AF come June 12, egg retrieval June 23/24, and embryo transfer June 29/30.

It still seems so far away to me-- but just 50 days of school till I start shooting myself up with drugs! Hopefully I'll have my job back by then, and won't have to totally pack up my classroom.  It seems so close, yet so far.

Comments

  1. I'm glad that it's over with... sorry it hurt so much! It is fascinating to watch!

    How exciting you have the IVF schedule. Are you guys planning on doing the TESA before starting IVF and freezing whatever can be found, or are you going to do it the day before ER?

    Hang in there! It'll be time before you know it. Sending you warmth as you work through everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy the HSG is over and things look clear!!! IVF will be here before you know it...just think about it this way, in the next three months you have the BEST chance of being preggo that you've ever had =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment. Glad to have the HSG over.
    Will keep you updated on the TESE recovery process. So far tonight is been Much better than last, but it is only 10:30 :)
    According to the nurse there were 8 non-motile sperm before the freeze & thaw and 1 half-motile sperm after. I don't get it either..but I guess the freeze & thaw can "wake up" the sperm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that the scary HSG is over with, and that your results were good. Keeping fingers crossed for good things in the months to come!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies