plugging along

There really isn't much to say at this point.  I'm plugging along, doing fine.

Yesterday, I bowed out of a BBQ with B's family.  In May I mentioned BIL's ex and her "surprise" (planned) pregnancy.  One of the reasons for this BBQ was for BIL's birthday, and she decided to drive down to attend (she's still living 5-6 hours away).  She's like 26 weeks pregnant, and the thought of having to spend the day with her made me feel ill.  BIL isn't planning on living with her and the baby or marrying her, but will go visit often.  She is such an attention whore, I couldn't deal with her talking about the baby and flaunting the fact that she is still around because of it.  I've felt a little bit of a cold coming on, so I exaggerated it and stayed home.  I did end up throwing up my dinner, so I'm glad I didn't go.

I felt a little guilty about skipping out on this, but I got over it quickly.  MIL was hoping that B and I would announce our pregnancy to the rest of the family at the BBQ, but when we found out she would be there, we told her no.  I told B that he could tell his other brother, if he wanted, but he chose not to.  At this point, I think we'll wait until 14 weeks or so before making it totally public.  I just don't want it getting out at work before then, and my work and personal lives are a bit intertwined.

Speaking of work, I've gone back to work since my last post.  I have a pretty big class, which is exhausting, and they seem to be pretty low academically.  I have a few behavior problems, but so far nothing too bad.  I would guess that by the end of the year, at least 2 of my general ed kids will have qualified for special ed services.  It's going to be a challenging year!  I'm still trying to figure out what to do in terms of maternity leave- not that I need to decide now.

I still haven't gained any weight, but have certainly gained some girth!  I started out a little overweight, and it is interesting to see how my stomach has 'redistributed.'  I took a belly pic at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, and then again at 12 weeks.  In the 6 and 8, I just look fat.  In the 12, I feel like I am starting to look more pregnant than fat. Here ya go!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a good decision to bow out of the BBQ. I hope the m/s goes away soon!

    Cute bump!!

    Thanks again for putting up the ticker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bump! Good call on missing the BBQ, I hear throwing up at them usually takes all the fun away ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little baby belly! I think you are definitely starting to look a little pregnant! And I didn't really start gaining until the second trimester myself (and then I gained almost 20 pounds in less than 10 weeks)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

off with the crazies