love and hate

Some people love Halloween and some don't like it.  I used to love Halloween and now it's hard for me.  It's not because of IF and kids.  It's my brother.  

Today would have been his 27th birthday.  My mom was having contractions with him when she was taking me trick-or-treating.  He was born just a little after midnight on the 1st.  I can't think about Halloween and not think about him.  

My mom and I are the only ones of that family of four from 27 years ago.  It makes me so sad that half of my family from then is gone and my daughter will never know them.  I'll tell her about them, of course, but it isn't the same.  

Baby will be born right around the 2 year anniversary of my brothers death and the 15 year anniversary of my dad's death.  March has always been such a crappy month for me.  It makes me so nervous to hope for something good to come out of it.  

I am so busy today, I feel really badly that I won't have time to see my mom.  I know it is a really hard day for her.  I wish I could be there for her today.  Maybe I'll cancel my tutoring and have dinner with her.  I don't know.  Today sucks.  

Comments

  1. What a rough day for you and your mom. ((((Hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your mom, Emmy! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks, Emmy. I hope you were able to see your Mom or at least talk to her or something. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry this note of support is late but I hope the day went by ok {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies