36 weeks, a little late

Another week down!  36 weeks feels like a big milestone.  I think because at this point, the majority of babies born don't need any NICU or respiratory support.  Only 1 week until I'm considered full term!  

Work is getting harder.  Fortunately, I have a lot of meetings in the next few days/next week that will have me sitting down for a few hours at a time.  The doctors would kinda like me finished with work this week, but said I can keep going if I feel up to it and the swelling isn't too bad.  I can make it 7 more work days!  I think the swelling is a little better than last week, though.  I've even lost weight since my appointment last week!  

I had my first cervical check at my last appointment, along with the strep B.  I am not dilated at all, but her head is down really low, which is a good sign.  

The goal now is to get to 39 weeks (only 3 weeks away!) before an induction is scheduled.  Of course, I could still go on my own before then.  If I am in a lot of pain because of my kidney, or if kidney function declines they are comfortable going anytime after 38 weeks.  The big thing we still need to get is the co-sleeper (baby's bed for our room).  I am trying to decide between the mini version and the full sized version.  The mini one is 8-9 inches smaller in length and width and has a weight limit of 7 pounds less than the full sized.  We really need to figure out what will work best in our room and get it ordered!  I think right now I am leaning towards the mini, even though it won't last as long.   Depending on how big she is and how fast she grows, it should last 5 months- a year.  I have lots of gift cards now to buy it, so I just need to pick and order!  It would be nice for it to arrive before baby does!  

We got our chair for the nursery the other day, but it hasn't made it up yet.  Once we do that, her room will be finished!  I can't believe how soon this is coming up!

Comments

  1. Eeek! She's coming so soon! I can't believe it, Emmy. I can't WAIT to "meet" her. This is going to be one loved, lucky little girl :) She already has fans across the U.S.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so very exciting. I can't believe your 36 weeks already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emmy - it really feels like last week that you announced your little miracle! and now she is within weeks of being here in your arms. This journey sure is long and arduous, but it is so wonderful to be reminded that miracles do happen, and that ours must be just around the bend.

    much love and lots of health!
    -foxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another week down, good work mama! Full term is such a great milestone and just around the corner now =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl,
    Are you still up for a get together? I am headed to the spa on Sunday with a fellow sister. Email me offline if you think you can pull it off :) foxypopcorn at gmail
    xoxo - foxy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies