She's here!

Short version:  Juliet Elise was born 3-3 at 18:18, weighing 7,7!  She's all about the double numbers!  She is doing great!  I'm still having issues with my blood pressure and some pre-e signs-- headache, slightly blurred vision.  

The whole story:  I went in on Wednesday night to start Cervidil.  I didn't end up getting it until midnight.  I was able to sleep until about 2 am, when I woke up in pain.  I didn't make much progress over the night, but some.  Dr. came in and broke my water around 9am and placed an internal monitor to measure contractions.  I was having strong regular contractions, so they didn't start pitocin.  I was only at 1.5 cm at that time!  The contractions were getting painful, but I was getting through them.  Around 10:30, I was only at 2cm!  

I was told that the anesthesiologist would be in a c-section starting around noon, so if I wanted an epidural, I had to order it before then or wait until after 2pm.  I ended up getting the epi around 11:30am.  By noon, I had dialated to a 3, which was frustrating for me!  Shortly thereafter, I started really feeling the contractions in my cervix and rectal area, to the point where I was shaking and in tears from the pain.  I got a booster to the epi around 3pm.  When my wonderful nurse came to check me at 4:30, I was really hoping to be at least 6cm.  The good news was that I was 9!  She came back a little over an hour later, and I was fully dialated and baby had moved to +1.  She had me practice pushing, and said I was really efficient at it.  She called for the Dr. and I started pushing.  Then she got worried that I would get the baby out before the doctor came, so they called her and she had me push at 50% to move her down more slowly.  Once the doctor got in, baby was out in 2 pushes!  I have a minor tear and still have really high blood pressure, which I am on meds for.  

She is beautiful, with a little bit of blondish hair.  Her apgars were 9 and 9, and she is doing well!  We'lll go home from the hospital tomorrow.  We are both in love with her!

Comments

  1. What a double baby! :) It would only have been more fitting had she been a gemini, LOL. I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Emmy! Hope you get to feeling better so you can enjoy your little girl! I'm so very happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! That's so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS EMMY!!! Hope you feel better and the BP issues resolve soon. Enjoy your sweet girl, MAMA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow she really is all about the doubles :) So glad your delivery went well and I hope you feel better soon! Again, CONGRATS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible. Beautiful. CONGRATULATIONS MAMA!!!

    It sounds like everything went so well, and your little girl sounds just perfect. Did you cry when you met her? Can you not stop looking at her? How did daddy fair during the whole labor and delivery? Is he in love too?

    Oh Emmy, this is beautiful news. I am so proud of you for being a rawkstar mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Mommy!! I am so happy for you guys. I am sorry the BP is still up, but hopefully you will get that squared away soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!! What a beautiful story, for such a beautiful, deserving girl. Enjoy every moment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the world Juliet! Congratulations to all of you, I hope you have a fantastic time getting to know each other =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Emmy! Sounds like you had a great experience, which is lovely to hear!! Can't WAIT to see pics of your darling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! She has the same birthday as my dad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You chose a very beautiful name for your daughter.

    Congratulations and many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! I am so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I hope your blood pressure gets better ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations and welcome to the world Juliet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. COngrats congrats congrast Emmy!! I bet she is the most beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies