The Hungry Caterpillar

The Very Hungry Caterpillar is one of J's favorite books.  She LOVES it and brings it to us somewhere between 3 and 4,597 times a day to read to her.  Because of this, it became a natural theme for her first birthday party.  Yes, the party was really for me, and I knew that with everything is did to prepare for it.  It was so fun to have such an easy theme to base the party around.  Most of my ideas came from the internet and pintrest was a big help! 

Here's what we did:

The food table.  We used the story to dictate our menu, and printed out little signs with text from the book.  "On Monday, he ate through one apple."  I didn't really get a good picture of the food table or any of my signs. 


The cupcakes!  We covered a foam cylinder in red felt to make the head.  Then, we just frosted yellow cupcakes in green frosting and arranged in this shape! 


Here is the room that had the cupcakes.  You can see the caterpillar I made out of baloons taped to the window outside. 


Here is the kids' art table.  We had caterpillars to assemble, purchased from Oriental Trading, and Hungry Caterpillar coloring pages I downloaded and printed.  I also got some butterfly magnets for kids to color. 

Someone really enjoyed her cupcake!!

She had lots of fun and enjoyed playing with friends during her party! 

In other news, how do I have a one year old???

Comments

  1. James' loves that book too! What a great theme for a first birthday party! I love reading about your parenting journey after IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, in 11 days I'll have a 2 year old. WHAT?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea! Love her outfit and it looks like she thought the cupcake was delish. Happy 1st b-day little lady =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is precious, and it looks like she had a blast!

    You did a fabulous job on the decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous and awesome, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies