something different

I went out and did something fun last night! I took an appetizer and martini cooking class. It was great. I love to cook and love learning new recipes-- especially delicious ones! It was great to have a distraction while time seems to stand still.

The menu:
Olive bruschetta with a peachy-champagne martini
Smoked chicken salad wrapped in a lettuce leaf with a chili-lime martini
Mushroom/phyllo triangles with a citrus martini
Shrimp spring rolls with a passion fruit martini

Kitchen gadgets I now want:
A stove top smoker
A julienne peeler - this was the awesome! It was so easy to get carrots into these perfect little strips with one motion.

Comments

  1. That sounds awesome. I am kinda a picky eater, so the food I probably wouldn't have eaten. But, martinis here I come!!! That sounds really like a lot of fun. My girlfriends and I always talk about taking different classes like that (wine tasting, etc.) and never do it. Maybe we should make that our New Years Resolutions. :0) Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOunds like fun, I really want to take a cooking class. I thin i am going to look for one in my area.
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooohhhhh. That all sounds yummy! By the end of the appetizers/martinis I think I'd be full and drunk and entirely satisfied!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that sounds so good and like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies