worst. decision-maker. ever

I have a problem with being indecisive. Well, I guess that's not true (see, I told you!), if I feel really strongly about something, it is not a problem. The issues lie when I don't really care. Or, I care, but don't know what to choose. For example, I needed a new car. There were two cars I was choosing between. They were so similar in so many ways. I ended up deciding by who could give me a better deal. It actually worked quite well-- playing the two dealerships against each other.

We all know about the choice I have to make regarding having a baby.

Yesterday, I was given a choice regarding my job. Currently, I teach 3rd grade. I was given the choice of moving to 1st or kindergarten. I picked 1st, because I've done it before. I was forced transferred to the school I am currently at this past school year because the previous school I was at was shrinking. There is a 1st grade opening at my old school. So, the question becomes: should I stay or should I go?

Here are my pros and cons:

Staying:

Pro:
  • I've made better friends with my 3rd grade team in one year than I did in 4 years at the old school
  • School has more money, more supplies, more things to make life as a teacher easier
  • Could probably pick up more $60/hr. tutoring jobs from this clientele
  • My cousin works there too, and sends her kids there, so I get to see them a lot
  • If for some reason, another 3rd grade opens at my school, I can move back to it
Con:
  • More money = more feeling of entitlement (I'm at the public school a famous pop-star would send her kids to, if she had custody and sent them to public when they are of age)
  • Principal next year is unknown
  • 1st grade team members unknown
  • portable classroom

Moving:

Pro:
  • I'd get to be back with some of my old friends
  • Parents are more realistic and down to earth
  • I LOVE the 1st grade team and know I work well with them
  • A better classroom
Con:
  • Not terribly fond of the principal
  • More of my money spent out of pocket for student expenses
  • Packing up everything into my car and moving AGAIN
  • More needy kids
Both schools are great. I was SO sad to leave last summer and move. It takes the same amount of time for me to get to each (25 min.) and although one is about 2.5 miles less, I get better gas mileage driving to the farther one.

What do you think I should do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies