at least they make me laugh

Today, I was teaching short i and the 'it' family words (fit, knit, hit, bit..).  I'm hoping not to hear sh -it or t -it.  I was expecting a giggle if someone said sp-it.  As I'm writing the words on the board, I decide to call on one last student.  I get, cl -it.  Normally when a kid makes up a word, pretending it's a real word, I ask if they know what it means or can use it in a sentence.  In this case, I didn't want to ask.  I decided to move on, while laughing inside.

Comments

  1. LOL...yeah...dear student please do not elaborate. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled on your blog.. Hubby and I found out on Tuesday night that he has no sperm.... i am now officially on the roller coaster and am scared shitless.... I so didn't want to be one of those couples.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies