26

Today would have been my little brother's 26th birthday. I still can't believe he is gone. It is just ridiculous to me. When I go to my mom's house, I still expect him to come bounding down the stairs, talking loudly on the phone. Or banging on the piano, trying to figure out how to play some techno or video game song.

I'm so worried about my mom with all of this. This is a bad time of year for her anyway. Her birthday is on Tuesday- she came home from the hospital with my brother on her birthday. I don't know how she is going to handle this.

She is having around 20 of his friends over today for a gathering. It's going to be hard, but hopefully it will be good. I think the energy from those kids will be good for her. I hope it will be good for me too.

Comments

  1. I am so sorry Emmy. I can't even begin to imagine how hard this must be for you and your mom. I hope that today will make both of you feel a little bit better. You two will be in my thought's today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs, Emmy. I'm so terribly sorry. It shouldn't be this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. I hope both you and your mom will get through the coming days and feel peace in the midst of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((HUGS))) thinking of you, Emmy. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emmy,
    I came over from LFCA to say how sorry I am that your brother died and you are missing him so much on his birthday and that you and your family have been through so much hardship and sadness recently. I read the story of your dad's death and scuba diving at Catalina Island. I am so sorry - it's so hard being without a dad:)
    good luck with your TTC journey! And sorry about your nasty unethical uncle A! Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am here from LFCA.

    I am so very sorry. This is a terrible place you finds yourself in. And of course your mother too.

    My sister is only 27, and your husband is right-- your future child is missing out on an incredible relationship. That's actually what I call my sister these days-- the cool aunt. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies