friend's baby

My friend had a baby the other day.  It was a FET, and I mentioned it here.  I want to visit, but I don't at the same time.  I know she really wants me to come.  It's hard to know what to do.  I hope that I can go for her.  I want it to not make me sad. 

I want B to be totally ok with DS so that as we move forward, I can be confident that it will not all be for nothing.  I know there are still a lot of things, and that there is no guarantee, but I figure if we can get to DS, that gives us the best chance.  We haven't talked for a while about it, and I don't want to bring it up... at least not until after the weekend.  There's a lot to go over, and I want to get the process started soon.  I told B that we need to start things with his brother by January to make sure we had enough time. 


Comments

  1. I am so sorry that you have to deal with seeing a friend's baby. That is so hard. I defriended a friend on facebook who was pregnant. There is a story behind it, but regardless, I understand your pain. I have not even been able to congratulate my co-worker, who is very kind, and is 5 months pregnant. I am pathetic. What you are feeling is completely understandable, regardless of how hard it was for your friend to conceive her baby.

    I sincerely hope that you can get the donor sperm worked out. I hope that your husband can open his heart even though it is difficult. You are in a rough situation. I have a feeling though that I will be reading your posts about pregnancy, in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck sweetie. I just found out I am getting lapped by someone that started ttc about 4 months before me. blah.
    I am sending lots of good thoughts up for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you that he will be OK with DS. I really hope that works out.

    When people we care about have babies, it is so hard. It is easy to make snide comments about strangers or acquaintances who are pregnant to hide our real emotions, but we want to be happy with and for our loved ones but then feel angry/sad/jealous at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally know how you feel. I have been there so many times!

    I really hope your husbaand comes around to DS soon. It really is a big decision and I know he just doesn't want to rush into it. I'm sure he won't regret it "when" he does decide to go that route!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not alone in those feelings! My BFF is set to deliver her first baby next month. The past 8 months have definitely strained our relationship and I'm worried about what to do in December. Generally, though, I find that I have much better luck with babies than with pregnant moms! :-) Hope you are able to go soon...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies