appointment update- updated

I got back from my appointment, and I can't help but be a little disappointed.  
My follicles have more of a variety in size than they'd prefer. The largest is 17mm and the smallest he considered still in the running/measured is 11mm. The majority are in the 13-15mm range. Hopefully the cetrotide will slow down the 17 and let the smaller ones catch up. Now he expects me to get 10-12 eggs. The retrieval will still be either the 24th or 25th.
They'll call with the E2 and LH levels later and either have me adjust my dosage or not.
I was hoping for better news- more follicles and around the same size. With the MF we are dealing with, the fertilization rate is pretty low which is why I was hoping for more.  If we end up using our donor backup, the number should be fine and we should get a decent number of embryos.

E2 came in at 859
LH 3.4


Cetrotide does not like me.  I have a 1.5 inch swollen red welt where I injected it that itches.  

Comments

  1. Sorry your disappointed. From what I've read it's pretty common for one or more follies to be big and maybe even be past mature by retrieval. But if you still have 10-12 anticipated mature at the time of retrival, that rocks! Look forward to hearing your next update =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies