The 2ww

It's official.  I am in the 2ww.  My second 2ww ever where I actually have a chance to become pregnant.

Our drive went really well, and it has been nice to be back at my old clinic.  I didn't realize how much cheaper it is than the one I've been going to in our new state.  It is so much cheaper, that I could get a round trip flight to go to the old one and still save money.  

My monitoring scan on Tuesday showed 4 mature follicles, which the doctor was very pleased with.  He asked if we would reduce if I got pregnant with triplets or more, and I said yes.  I promised B when we first started that twins was the highest number I would want to carry.  He said he could stick a needle in and drain two of the follicles if I wanted, though he said the chance of triplets was less than one percent.  I think we'll be lucky to have one baby stick around and make it, let alone two!  I'd be thrilled with twins though!  

I triggered Tuesday afternoon, and had an IUI Wednesday morning (9.4 million swimmers) and Thursday morning (16.8 million swimmers).  They told me to test on the 26th, but I don't think I'll be able to wait that long.  I start prometrium today too.  I really really really hope this cycle works.  Fingers crossed!

Comments

  1. WOO-HOO!!!! Wishing you tons and tons of luck and sending all the sticky vibes I can muster to TWO of those follicles =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!! I've been in the 2ww twice (no sticky babies for me :() BUT I did find that working on my "honey do" list, took the wait off of my mind for a bit!

    So, not trying to get personal, but you did the IUI 2 days in a row? We've done IUIs but I triggered and the next day went in for the procedure. It was only a one day thing for me... I wonder if my RE will let us do like what you did.

    Good luck... sending sticky vibes as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sabrina, yes, we did IUI two days in a row. My RE feels that he has a higher success rate that way. The second one was timed to be about 2 hours after they were expecting me to ovulate.

    Thank you both for the luck and sticky vibes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!! Hope the 2WW goes by super fast & you have great news to share with us. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOHOOO!!!!! So exciting! :) Hoping the 2WW goes by quickly and smoothly with a BFP as a beginning to an amazing 9months :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. From one 2WWer to another. Sending you lots of positive thoughts, tons of luck, and sticky vibes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's you!

plugging along

off with the crazies